The International Tungsten Industry Association was formally inaugurated in 1988 and is registered under Belgian Law as a not-for-profit association with scientific purposes.
The principal aims of the ITIA are defined as follows:
- to promote the use of tungsten and tungsten products
- to co-ordinate the extensive work programme of the ITIA Health, Safety and Environment Committee, including:
- regulatory and classification issues,
- monitoring proposed legislation,
- developing scientific data on the impact of tungsten on human health and the environment,
- in response to the EU's legislation "REACH", ITIA has set up a Tungsten Consortium which is open to Association members and non-members alike
- to organise regular meeting fora for the tungsten industry worldwide
- to collate from different sources, comprehensive statistics covering tungsten production, processing, consumption and end-uses and to circulate an annual statistical report to its members. This report may be purchased by non-members (the price currently is US$1,800). Click to view the list of contents.
Visitors seeking market information should access the sections "Pulications" and "About Tungsten" where there is a limited amount of historial data.
- to collate and circulate on a regular basis information relating to the ITIA's activities and to arrange for publication of a periodic newsletter
- to liaise and exchange information with other metal trade associations.
To apply for membership of ITIA, click here for an application form.