Sport and Leisure
- High-tech golf clubs (drivers) and balls contain parts of tungsten to improve stability and performance.
- Professional darts are made of tungsten heavy metal to stabilise the trajectory.
- Trekking poles contain cemented carbide hard nails for sure footedness.
- High-performance skating blades are made of tungsten-bearing high speed steel to ensure high strength and stability at optional gliding conditions.
- Tungsten sulfide is used as additive to high performance glides waxes used in skiing and snowboarding.
- Tungsten heavy metal weights are used for the balancing of Formula 1 racing cars.
- Soccer shoes - a tungsten powder-filled element shifts weight towards the point of impact and ensures maximum take-off and speed of the ball.
- Tungsten Iridum polarised sunglasses (TANGENT HDO®) give optimal clarity and eye protection.
Copyright images courtesy of: BÃ¶hler Uddeholm (skating blade); Oakley.com (sunglasses)